The Delights of New Life

As I prepare to reset the glitchy, food deprived world, I decide to hatch the last four eggs that were languishing in the Hatchery. It seemed as though all of Albia was waiting on pins and needles, as the green egg warmed in the Incubator... I'd had a bout of bad luck with still births in experiences previous, and I was a mite nervous, despite the smashing success with Sally and Andy. The Incubator opened with the familiar sound of a Norn birth, and I was immediately greeted by the smiling, fluffy haired face of a beautiful Purple Mountain Norn boy, Wesley!

Little Wesley passed up the opportunity for cheese and honey, but all the same, I was delighted as I watched the little dear make his way to the nearest toy. Enamored by its silly sounds, he watched the Flibberty-gibbet go up and down many times. He probably would have stayed and played with that toy for quite some time, but alas, the world had to be fixed so he had to be exported so I could reset the world. He said goodbye and joined Sally and Andy in the Norns folder.

 But there were still three more eggs to be hatched and named, so I couldn't fix the world just yet. I popped another egg in the Incubator. Again, waiting with baited breath, I fix my gaze on the shiny blue egg as it crackles open. Another boy, this time a Pixie Norn, takes his first steps into the world. I quickly register the birth and export the little guy. Poor Bert, he barely had time to glance at the food before him as I whisked him away!

Two down, two to go, with only two little girls left for hatching. I thought back to when I first tried hatching Norns after not playing for so long; the little PMN girl who left the world as soon as she arrived, and the feeling of dread trickled back... The sound of a happy coo broke my stupor, as the newest baby, Lucille, made her presence known to all of Albia. Somehow, she had the arms and legs of a Banana Norn; the sweet brown color contrasting with the usual orange-ish Pixie fur. My heart lurched a bit as she seemed unable to move, but hope was restored as she ran to the Flibberty-gibbet and watched it spring up, evidently disappointed that I chose to export her at that very moment!

I placed the last of the eggs, the fiery red one, into the incubator and listened to the nostalgic hum. The bright green eyes of a Chocolate Norn peeked out, grinning as she tapped her little foot at me. It appears that she too has mismatched limbs, with the arms of a Pixie Norn. I named her Trudy, as the name Gertrud means "spear of strength". While her sweet smile and perky blonde hair give her the essence of demure beauty, her toe-tapping grin tells me otherwise!

As I watched her crawl about, my mind drifted back to my dear Lucy and Emmit, who tragically starved to death in the peak of their adult lives. I tried to save them, but it was no use, they simply refused to eat... However, the thought was short lived. Trudy also went straight for that toy, babbling with delight as she played, reminding me that I had to export her! She gazed longingly at the Flibberty-gibbet as she too was whisked away to join the others.

It brings me such delight to see these new babies, all eager to live and explore around Albia. I imagine it won't be long before they have their own little Nornlings running around the world! The next generation of Norns has begun. With the delights of new life, there's a bright future for Albia!

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Darby Doo!

I couldn't believe it when I found out the Creatures community is still very much alive and kicking after all these years! I've always been *and forever will be* a Creatures1 fan and addict.

I am currently in relapse now, but alas the old discs are no good anymore. The version that I use is The Albian Years from GOG.com. Is this the same one you have? Did you get around the problems that the installation came with? I found that I had to pinpoint each individual problem file simply by guess & check while in-game, and then putting them in their correct location. My C1 also uses the OLD object injector, which frustrates me to no end.

The biggest set-back in my path of nostalgic reminiscence is that all of my old beloved cob programs (BoBCob, CrEd32, BORG, etc.) are incompatible now or inaccessible due to the fact that I'm not running on the original Creatures1 discs. No more Doctor cheat for me. :(

It is still satisfying, nonetheless, to be exploring Albia once again, as is, with a fresh batch of eggs ready to be hatched and raised, with or without the third party perks. I can't wait to see what comes next.

~Pankypie

Unknown said...

Oh, hi there Panky Pie!

Great to see you exploring the community! I do indeed use GOG.com Albian Years, and it's worked fine for me thus far. The trick is to find the workarounds 'bout the bugs... I think. I've never had too many issues, to be honest.

Unfortunately, I don't know what to tell you about the .cob programs; I've never used them myself. I'd love to help, but I'm clueless when it comes to unfamiliar programs. Sorry luv. Maybe someone on Creatures Caves would know better?

Good luck with your new Albia!

-Darby Doo

Post a Comment

LilyNorn on Albia is in No Way Affiliated with, Associated with, nor Endorsed by BigBen Interactive, Fishing Cactus, nor Gameware
Images Copyright Gameware Europe Ltd and Used with Permission
Background Image by Wingmar | Powered by Blogger | Layout Template by Jessica of Discover Albia